Summer Staff Guide Position
Each year Youth Dynamics hires a select number of young adults as Summer Staff to help lead adventure trips for teenagers in the Pacific Northwest.
As a relational adventure ministry, Youth Dynamics desires to give youth the opportunity to experience God’s creation through adventures while connecting those experiences to real-life situations they are facing. As Summer Staff, you are often the one coaching a student through an emotional moment while rock climbing or the one listening as they open up about their life while kayaking. These are transforming moments that provide space for God to use you in a life-changing way. Do this alongside a community of like-minded, passionate young adults, and you have a recipe for a season to remember!
You are trained to guide students on various wilderness activities, including whitewater rafting, rock climbing, backpacking, challenge courses, horseback riding, and kayaking. You will be mentored and work alongside our seasoned staff to design ministry programs, assist in group facilitation, and execute logistical details for trips. As you serve, you will have the opportunity to lead and spend valuable time participating in mission work!
Staff positions at Youth Dynamics are paid. Funding for your position comes through a process called Ministry Partnership Development. You will receive resources and training from Youth Dynamics, including a personal coach who will set goals and walk through the process with you. Leading up to the summer, you invite individuals you know to partner with you in missional work through financial generosity! Collectively, your team’s donations cover room and board, and the funds remaining will be sent to you in the form of a paycheck. We believe and have witnessed that this aspect of our staff positions is incredibly valuable to one’s personal faith and relationships with personal networks!
Summer Staff opportunities are available at each of our Adventure bases. Each base is unique in location and demographic of people they serve but united by the same heart to help young people discover life with Christ. If you connect with the heart of Youth Dynamics’ ministry, we invite you to apply today, and we’ll follow up with you!
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Have a passion for sharing about Jesus with teens
- Be willing to learn and adapt
- Have a high level of (or desire to develop) relational skills
- Enjoy the outdoors
- Two full summer commitments
- Exceptions may apply
- Season dates vary by location
- Willingness to raise financial support to cover ministry expenses and summer salary:
- Idaho: $1,500
- Oregon: $700
- Washington: $1,500
What Youth Dynamics offers you
- A Christian community that is authentic and intentional
- Opportunities to live out the Great Commission with a variety of groups
- Mentorship from our seasoned and professional staff
- Professional training & certifications in skill sets including (varies by location):
- Swift Water Rescue
- Backcountry Travel
- Horse Wrangling
- Wilderness First Aid
- Relational Ministry Tools
- Real-world leadership opportunities
- Idaho: Community Staff Housing
- Oregon: Host Family/Community Staff Housing
- Washington: Community Staff Housing
- A fun and adventure-filled summer!
Summer Staff Media Position
We are looking for someone at each of our adventure bases who has skills and a passion for photography and videography. If you want to use your talent and develop your skills in an outdoor ministry context, this is the job for you! Staff in this position will spend time in the field, focusing on capturing amazing ministry moments on the rock and the water, as well as candid moments with students and staff. This position will also play a pivotal role in telling stories of what God is doing in real time on our social media channels and help build a visual content catalog to share the ministry with our audience in the future. If this is you, let us know in your application! This is a one-summer commitment.