Each year Youth Dynamics hires a select number of young adults as Summer Staff to help lead adventure trips for teenagers in the Pacific Northwest.
As a relational adventure ministry, Youth Dynamics desires to give youth the opportunity to experience God’s creation through adventures while connecting those experiences to real-life situations they are facing. As Summer Staff, you are often the one coaching a student through an emotional moment while rock climbing or the one listening as they open up about their life while kayaking. These are transforming moments that provide space for God to use you in a life-changing way. Do this alongside a community of like-minded, passionate young adults, and you have a recipe for a season to remember!
You are trained to guide students on various wilderness activities, including whitewater rafting, rock climbing, backpacking, challenge courses, horseback riding, and kayaking. You will be mentored and work alongside our seasoned staff to design ministry programs, assist in group facilitation, and execute logistical details for trips. As you serve, you will have the opportunity to lead and spend valuable time participating in mission work!
Staff positions at Youth Dynamics are paid. Funding for your position comes through a process called Ministry Partnership Development. You will receive resources and training from Youth Dynamics, including a personal coach who will set goals and walk through the process with you. Leading up to the summer, you invite individuals you know to partner with you in missional work through financial generosity! Collectively, your team’s donations cover room and board, and the funds remaining will be sent to you in the form of a paycheck. We believe and have witnessed that this aspect of our staff positions is incredibly valuable to one’s personal faith and relationships with personal networks!
Summer Staff opportunities are available at each of our Adventure bases. Each base is unique in location and demographic of people they serve but united by the same heart to help young people discover life with Christ. If you connect with the heart of Youth Dynamics’ ministry, we invite you to apply today, and we’ll follow up with you!
Idaho Job Focus
Are you someone with skills and a passion for photography and videography? Would you love the opportunity to use your talent and develop your skills while working as Summer Staff? If so, then your particular focus would be to capture images and videos of amazing ministry moments on the rocks, in the raft, during quiet moments of reflection and discovery through conversation, as well as the tasks of everyday life. You will spend time in the field capturing the ministry moments of the season with staff and students and telling stories of what God is doing in real time on our social media channels. Idaho Adventures is looking for someone to build a visual content catalog to share the ministry with our audience.
If this is you, let us know in your application!
Required: You would have your own equipment to capture high-quality content.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Have a passion for sharing about Jesus with teens
- Be willing to learn and adapt
- Have a high level of (or desire to develop) relational skills
- Enjoy the outdoors
- Full summer commitment
- Dates vary by adventure base
- Willingness to raise financial support to cover ministry expenses and summer salary:
- Idaho: $1,500
- Oregon: Dependant on personal needs
- Washington: $1,500 for your first summer and $1,200 for your second summer
What Youth Dynamics offers you
- A Christian community that is authentic and intentional
- Opportunities to live out the Great Commission with a variety of groups
- Mentorship from our seasoned and professional staff
- Professional training & certifications in skill sets including (varies by location):
- Backcountry Travel
- Horse Wrangling
- Wilderness First Aid
- Relational Ministry Tools
- Real-world leadership opportunities
- Idaho: Community Staff Housing
- Oregon: Host Family/Community Staff Housing
- Washington: Community Staff Housing
- A fun and adventure-filled summer!