Stonewater Adventure Bible School invites adults 18 and older to come do life in Christ together! Dig deep into these 5 weeks packed with Bible teaching, discipleship, outdoor adventures, and Christian community life. We hope you will enter into this safe and engaging space to take the next step in faith and self-discovery!
Bible and Discipleship Training
- Learn from 2 hours of Bible teaching each day.
- Gain a deeper understanding of personal beliefs, limits, and boundaries.
- Memorize Scripture.
- Develop an appreciation and understanding of God’s Word and its impact on you.
- Build communication skills to help you become a humble listening leader who loves well.
- Discover a deeper sense of who you are and how you impact others.
- Develop confidence to overcome obstacles as a leader.
- Increase knowledge of leadership and team dynamics.
- Appreciate the outdoors and enhance stewardship.
Mission and Vision
- Practice the heart and hand of Christ.
- Build confidence to step toward future challenges and opportunities.
- Engage with a variety of experienced leaders.
- Develop a heart of service.
Adventure Elements (season dependent)
- Rock Climbing
- Challenge Course
- Horse Riding
- Mountain Biking
- Ice Climbing
- Cross Country Skiing
- Spiritual Disciplines
- Historical and Cultural Biblical Context
- Servant Leadership
- Identity in Christ
- Faith and Finance
- Self Discovery
- Leadership Challenges
- Service and Community
- Personal Values and Vocation
- Interpersonal and Life Skills
Location: Near Leavenworth, Washington
- Spring 2024: Register Now! Space is limited.
March 24-April 28
- Fall 2023: Register Now! Space is limited.
September 10-October 15
What to bring:
- HIKING BOOTS (waterproof)
- TENNIS SHOES (closed-toe)
- 4 PAIR WOOL SOCKS
- WOOL GLOVES OR MITTENS
- NON-COTTON BASE, MID, AND OUTER LAYER – TOP & BOTTOM (POLYPRO, CAPILENE, WOOL, ETC.)
- FLEECE or DOWN JACKET (or both)
- WATERPROOF RAIN JACKET AND PANTS (taped seams and Gortex recommended)
- WOOL HAT, BALACLAVA, OR FLEECE BEANIE
- SUN PROTECTION HAT
- PERSONAL TOILETRIES
- PILLOW & BEDDING (both for on-site and off-site)
- VARIETY OF CURRENT SEASON CLOTHING (for day-to-day use – cotton okay)
- Water-friendly SANDALS (chacos, tevas, keens)
- WATER BOTTLES (2 Liters)
- NON-COTTON SUN PROTECTIVE LAYER
Things that would be nice if you could bring:
If you don’t have these items, Stonwater will provide what is needed.
- BACKPACK (ONE FOR OVERNIGHT TRIPS, 75liters or more; ONE DAY PACK)
- SLEEPING BAG; 3 SEASON QUALITY (0° recommended)
- THERMAREST/FOAM SLEEPING PAD
- FLEECE PANTS
- SUNSCREEN AND BUG REPELLANT
- WATERPROOF RAIN PANTS
- CUP, BOWL, SPOON (for camping/backcountry) Off trip lodging has a fully stocked kitchen
- CLIMBING HARNESS AND HELMET
- WHITEWATER HELMET
- WETSUIT or any other neoprene you have (gloves, booties)
- CAMP CHAIR: Folding or Crazy Creek Style
- CAMERA, LAPTOP, ETC.
- MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS
- FAVORITE MUG
- BLANKET OR COMFORT ITEM
- ART SUPPLIES
- PORTABLE SPEAKER
- EXTRA SHOES
- EXTRA SOCKS
Physical training (before coming):
- Participants need to run at least 2 miles without stopping.
What does a normal week look like at Stonewater Adventure School?
- Each week will consist of community meal times, devotionals, Bible teachings, adventure challenges, and practical applications.
What is and is not included in the tuition fees?
- Lodging and meals
- Transportation to/from Stonewater
- Email/Internet access
- Laundry and detergent
- All books and materials
- Use of Stonewater adventure equipment during organized activities
What’s NOT included:
- Personal Health and accident insurance during Stonewater Adventure School
- Postage and telephone calls
- Travel expenses
- Optional outings on “off” days
- Wilderness First Aid Cert (discount available for SAS participants who are interested)
Does my university offer credits for attending Stonewater Adventure School?
- Possibly through an internship, check with your university for details
- Not at this time. We will update when partners / schools are found.
How can I pay for Stonewater Adventure School?
- You can pay via credit card online or by phone.
- You can also pay by mailing in a personal check.
For scholarship assistance, please call Stonewater for more information.
What accident insurance do you recommend?
- Usually accident insurance is included in your health insurance.
- Please check with your health insurance for coverage.
Is there laundry on-site?
- Yes, a washer and dryer are located in each building.
- The use of these along with detergent is included in course fees
What are the sleeping arrangements?
Do I need to bring my own bedding?
- While at Stonewater, you will be in dorm-style rooms accommodating 2-4 guests per room.
- There are several bathrooms with showers.
- Each lodge also has a fully equipped kitchen and living room.
I would like to stay before and/or after Stonewater Adventure School, is that possible?
- Yes, however it may depend on what session, check with our coordinator
Can I have visitors stay and have meals with us?
- If there is availability. Please check with the Stonewater Adventure School Coordinator.
- Your guests can stay overnight and enjoy a meal with us for $40 pp/night.
What is the weather like?
- Leavenworth, Washington, has four distinct seasons: mid-60s in the spring, 80s-90s in the summer, 50-60s in the fall, and a range from 5-35 in the winter (Fahrenheit).
How do I get there?
Driving from SEATAC, take I-5N to I-405 (exit 154). Follow signs for WA-522 E (towards Woodinville). After 14 miles, take the ramp for US-2 East towards Wenatchee. Keep straight onto Stevens Pass Hwy. When you reach Coles Corner, take a left onto WA-207. After 3 miles turn right on to WA-209 (Beaver Valley Rd). After 5 miles turn left onto Chiwawa Loop Rd (If you pass Plain Hardware, you’ve gone too far). Stonewater is located 1.5 miles down on the right.
Driving from Wenatchee. Take US-2 West for 20 miles. After passing Safeway and then the bridge, take a right at the stoplight (Chumstick Hwy). in around 20 minutes you will enter Plain, WA. Turn Right onto Chiwawa Loop Rd. Stonewater Ranch is located 1.4 miles on the right.
Stonewater also offers a shuttle from Seattle to Stonewater for $20pp. This shuttle will pick you up at SEATAC airport outside of door 04 (this is the last door before you can exit the terminal). It leaves at 2:00 pm.
Stonewater also offers a shuttle from Wenatchee to Stonewater for $10pp. This shuttle will pick you up at Wenatchee airport outside the main door. It leaves at 4:00 pm.
- Fill out an application (click below)
- Choose a course date
- Wait for the acceptance letter
Upon being accepted:
- An acceptance letter will be mailed with a health form
- Return health form with one-third payment to confirm your spot
- Full payment due by course start date